Monday, July 23, 2012

Just DO IT!

Every now and then I think maybe I need to slow down and not volunteer myself so much so that I have more free time for “ME”. That thought only lasts a moment. It’s not about ME ME ME! It’s about finding a cure for cancer and not just one….CURE THEM ALL!!!

This will be my 7th 3-Day 60 Mile walk in 5 years and I will once again be walking Dallas with the best team ever, Pink Soles in Motion.

Every year brings on new challenges (my body feels 100 years old some days), adventures and new people that I honor as I walk. I hate that my Wall of Honor keeps getting longer only because I want a world without cancer and no one on my wall. I do however, take consolation in the fact that it means I’m reaching more and more people and that I continue to make a difference to so many friends and family.

I thank all of you for the support, encouragement and donations year after year. I sometimes wonder if I’m wearing everyone out with my emails, fundraising, and stories. It’s hard sometimes to get motivated to send emails and ask for donations and support. That is until your co-worker’s dad is diagnosed with melanoma and passes in less than a month; a high school classmate’s mom losses her long battle to cancer which she fought with grace; and a woman that is married to a man you are acquainted with through work is diagnosed with tumors on her brain and needs a miracle to be able to spend more time with her three young children. This all just happened to me within the past month and I’m motivated now more than ever.

If I can make a difference to just 1 person by walking just 1 more mile to send just 1 more email to raise just 1 more dollar that funds the research that saves just 1 more life, then I will just DO IT!

I am truly blessed by knowing each and every one of you and I can’t thank you enough for making a difference in my life and that of others.

If you would like to donate it would be greatly appreciated and any amount is welcome. If you would like me to walk in honor of someone please email me their name and if you would just like to share a story or give me encouragement I would love that as well. Together we will find a Cure!

Until there is a CURE,
Catrina Gibson
J&S4EVER

No comments:

Post a Comment