Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 2: 2011 Dallas 3-Day

Day 2 started bright and early as the route would open at 7:50am and we wanted to be up and ready. My friend Gail Gallegos and I decided it would be fun to wear our costumes that we had worn for out last training walk, which we call our “Halloween Walk.” I’m not sure how the idea came to me but one day while at work I thought… Thing 1 and Thing 2 or in our 3-Day world Boob 1 and Boob 2. I think Gail and I got big heads that day as we felt like we stole the show. We had several walkers and even people at cheer stations wanting to take their picture with us. We also kept hearing people say “Boob 1 and Boob 2, how cute." We were just eating it up. I’m not sure what we will come up with next year as we have set the bar pretty high.

The cutest thing about the whole thing was at lunch when I saw a little girl wearing a Thing 2 shirt. She was very shy but agreed to take her picture with me. I knew this photo op would make my best bud Tracy Wetherbee happy.




On a side note I have to tell you that even though Tracy wasn’t with me on this walk, memories of her kept popping up everywhere I went. I knew she was with me in spirit and together we continue to fight to find a cure. Here are a few things that I remember seeing: BooBee-Hive sweep van (WeatherBEE); Pirates of the CURE-ibbean Pit Stop(she’s an ECU Pirate fan); and of course the tree she said she wanted to climb, told me she couldn’t get up and then the next minute she’s yelling at from the tree to take her picture. Love you Tracy! J&S4EVER.

This was definitely the longest and hardest day of the 3. They told us it was 21.3 miles, however, several people told us their GPS said it was 25 miles. We made it back to camp around 4:00pm a little more tired and sore than the previous day but we had survived and we knew it was down hill from there.

Highlights of the day: My friend Kelly Ninemire came out to check out the craziness and cheer me on at Cheer Station1: My little Adyson came out to see her Aunty Cat at lunch and brought two of my favorite people mom and dad Davis: Teammate Amy Snyder came out 9 months pregnant to show her support only to go into labor (or so we all thought) and have quite the exit. I will never forget that moment as I know how important it was to her to be there for us and how much it meant to all of us that she was there. Her new little girl waited until Monday the 7th to show her pretty little face. Congrats Kelly and Amy: At just the right time in the day my good Friend Judy came out with not only a diet coke for me but a frozen diet coke. Wow! Did that hit the spot!!: Special Dinner and dessert for the Pink Soles top fundraising team. We were served a very big Texas Cake and washed it down with a nice glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment