Monday, June 7, 2010

Walking and Fundraising


Dar and I started training together this past Thursday and will continue to do so every Tuesday and Thursday. We live fairly close to each other so it will be great to have each other to walk with on the week days. It really helps to keep you honest and walk the miles even when you don’t really feel like it. Believe me I have had several days (I’m probably not alone) that I talk myself out of walking even though I know how important it is to train. I think sometimes I get in my head that I’m still 18 weeks out from DC and 22 weeks out from Dallas and I feel like I have all kinds of time to train even though I know that it will be here before I know it! So I have to give a big shout out to Dar for helping to keep me honest and focused in the coming weeks!

Of course on Saturdays and Sundays we will be having our team walks! I look forward to those as it gives me time to catch up with my teammates and find out what they have been up to. We had a 4 mile walk this past weekend hosted by Run On in Coppell, TX. I really like this store! It’s the place I first went 3 years ago to get fitted for my very first 3-Day shoes. It’s when I learned that I had been wearing 1.5 sizes too small. I have one foot that is an 8 and one that is a 9 so I should have always been getting at least a 9.5 as you should wear athletic shoes that are a half size to a size larger. I had been stuffing my foot into an 8 for all my many years:( Not a good thing!

This past weekend we (PSIM) also worked the concession stand at Texas Motor Speedway for the Indy Car Race.
I’m not sure how smart it was to walk 4 miles that morning and then go stand on my feet for 10 hours but I survived and it was well worth it. There were about 20 of us that manned a concession stand, beer stand and what they called a Hot Rod booth. I learned that a Hot Rod is a hot dog with pulled pork on it? I guess instead of a chili dog it’s a BBQ dog. Not sure I will ever try one of those. Kelly B. and I were in the beer stand. We have it down to an art now that we have done it twice. The two of us together make a pretty good team! I’d work with her anytime!!

I ordered a new backpack from Shop3Day.com. It should be here tomorrow so I can try it out when Dar and I go walking. I decided that my backpack I’ve been using is much larger than I really need so this one is not only smaller but it has the 3-Day logo on it! Now when I’m out walking people will know why I’m walking instead of just thinking I’m some goofy girl out walking around aimlessly with my backpack on.