Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Lumbar pack, training and the Energizer Bunny

So I received my new lumbar pack (as opposed to back pack) from the Shop3Day.com and got to try it out the very same day. I must say that it has its pros and cons.

Pros
  • It's smaller than my back pack but bigger than a fanny pack. Very important when you like to carry a jacket and a few other things.
  • It has a nice little case that will hold my cell phone so that I don't have to go digging for it.
  • It has little compartments on the side that I can put my lip balm and other little things in and I can reach it without taking my pack off
  • I like how it sits lower on my back but not on my rear like a fanny pack
  • It can be used without the back pack straps or with. I think I prefer with
Cons
  • I'm not especially fond of the fabric the back pack straps are made out of as I'm use to my soft padded ones.
  • My current water bottles do not stay in the two water bottle holders. Amy S. also has one that she is trying out and her water bottles
    fit and don't fall out. I will try different ones
I have now used it 3 times and it is growing on me. Like all things sometimes it just takes some getting used to. Here is a picture of me
taking a picture of my lumbar pack. Don't laugh, it is hard to take a picture of your back. Also please disregard the binder clip as I was using that until I determined if I was going to keep it. You will also notice the tag is still attached. Funny thing is Amy had left her tag on too! Always good to make sure you like something before taking off the tags:)
I got 16.45 miles of training walks in this week and not the 21 that I was planning on. Sometimes life happens or in this case work and I just couldn't do the 5 today. Something is better than nothing though so no need to beat myself up over it. Saturday, my teammate Sheila led her first walk (5 miles) as an offical 3-Day trainer. She did a great job. Here is a photo at the end of the walk and I'm still all smiles!

Energizer Bunny has started announcing the bloggers they have chosen for each of the 15 Susan G. Komen 3-Day walks. I will actually be walking 2 walks this year (DC and Dallas) and have put in my application to be the blogger for Dallas. I'm keeping my rabbit ears crossed. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. is the lumbar pack supposed to come with extra straps to make it into a backpack? I just received mine and it only has the waist band clip straps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine did when I ordered it last year. Maybe they changed something this year?

    ReplyDelete