Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day and training

Yesterday was Mother’s Day and for me it kind of sneaks up on me and passes. The day brings about sadness at first because my mom isn’t here for me to celebrate with but then I think about all the great things she taught me and all the good times we had and it helps get me through the day. I did take a short two mile walk with my mom yesterday, just me and her. I think she would have liked that because I know I did. It helped me to get focused on the training and fundraising I have ahead of me.

This is the week I get serious about training. My teammate Tracy and I are going to start walking (she’s running) in the mornings. Tracy is training for her 2nd marathon at the end of October but will be walking with Kristin and I in DC the beginning of October. Tracy and I live in different time zones so I kind of get the short end of the stick. Her 6am is my 5am but in the grand scheme of things what is another hour of sleep when you are fighting for a cure for cancer! Tracy and I find that if we train together we hold each other accountable. If you know the other person is getting up and counting on you to be there chances are you aren’t going to let each other down. She is such an awesome friend and teammate.

Link to Tracy’s marathon Marine Corps Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment