Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BBQ Cook Off for the Cure!


This past weekend Pink Soles in Motion along with the huge support of North Texas Harley Davidson put on an amazing fundraiser. We ended up with 36 teams in our BBQ Cook Off!

I had the pleasure of being there bright and early Saturday morning to help serve the cookers breakfast. I made the coffee and I didn’t hear any complaints but then again I’m not sure how many people actually drank it. I was so amazed at the number of cookers that brought their own RV’s and tents and made their own breakfast and coffee. One team even brought their pool table.

After breakfast I helped dump trash. It’s a dirty job but someone has to do it and I say why not me:) Next, it was on to setting up food tents and getting everything organized and before I knew it, it was time to start the judging and serving lunch.

I was able to get some of my family and friends to volunteer to be judges. I was a little nervous that they wouldn’t have any fun and wonder why I got them into this but when it was all said and done they were eager to sign up and do it again tomorrow. I’m so thankful to them for helping me and my team and I’m glad they were able to come out and meet some of my fellow teammates.

This was my first BBQ Cook Off but I must say, even though my feet hurt from standing on them all day and my back and arms ached from carrying trash and setting up tents, that it was a huge success. Sign me up for next year!