Monday, November 12, 2012

3 days and 60 miles closer!

Thank you to each and every one of you for making my 7th 3-Day a success. It’s been a little over a week now and I’m still searching for just the right words to sum up my recent journey. I’m at a loss for words.

This year, in particular, I feel like I have been touched by so many other walkers, teammates and friends. They tell me I inspire them but the truth is they are the ones that inspire me:

To our adopted team, Lindi, Lani and Jill, three sisters walking for their mom, there is no doubt in my mind that your mom is well on her way to being cancer free. Your team name says it all, “Fight like a Girl.” You girls are fighting and I am blessed to have met you.

To our other adopted team, the Cowtown Crusaders, Shelly, Cheryl and Holly. It was a joy having you on training walks and hanging out with us at camp. Your spirit and joy are with me to this day. You can walk with me anytime!


To Laura, a walker who set a goal and accomplished it even when her teammates backed out, you are an inspiration to anyone that ever wanted to quit. It takes a lot of drive and determination to not only fundraise on your own but to show up at the 3-day not knowing anyone and head out to walk 60 miles. You have a team now and we won’t leave you walking alone!


To Eric, the gentlemen that recognized me in the dark as the lady who gave a packing demonstration back in September. I am glad to have met you and it meant the world to me to know that I made a difference to you! I am inspired by your energy and efforts in getting your employees involved for 2013.

To Martha, you’ve been on so many training walks with us that I already felt you were part of the team but I’m overflowing with joy that you are now officially a Pink Sole for 2013.

To George, Karen and Jennifer, George you met two great ladies in Karen and Jennifer and I’m glad they pulled you into our family.

To Colleen, so blessed to have met you and all the way in Castle Rock, Co. Let this be a lesson to everyone, when you travel use the 3-Day friend finder and find a friend to walk with. Hope you are back in 2013.

To Terri and Ali, a mother and daughter (age 17), I don’t even know where to begin. Ali is such a role model and has accomplished so much at her young age. Terri, I know it’s because of the mother you are that Ali is such an awesome young lady. I don’t know how you find time to take care of all your kids, hubby and find time to train and fundraise.


To all my teammates, thank you for being with me every step of the way in training, fundraising and in life. You aren’t just teammates you are family and I treasure you all.


And last but not least, THANK YOU to those of you that came out to cheer me on, that sent me cards, donated and prayed for me. I cannot take this journey year after year without you.


Together we make a difference. Together we will find a cure!!!

Until there is a Cure!

Catrina Gibson

Pink Soles in Motion
www.pinksolesinmotion.org
J&S4EVER

www.forallyoudid.com

No comments:

Post a Comment